Sunday, October 02, 2005

So things seem to be up and running on this "web log." Hope you all are doing well. I got an ibook the other day and am slowly but surely learning how to use it. Today I put a fresh coat of wax on it and took it out to the beach so I could really open her up. Just kidding, but it is hard not to touch this fucking thing all the time with all its glowing lights and whistles. It's like something out of THX 1138 or something.

Needless to say I've been fulfilling my years' long dream of being able to download music. I spent my Saturday night drinking Heineken Dark and downloading Jawbreaker and Pretty Tony songs. Then I watched Bourne Supremacy. And you know what? It was really fucking fun. Can you post mp3s on this kind of blog? if so, I'm going to try to fiind out how.

Spending time with myself has its ups and downs though. I become really self-conscious a lot of the time, especially if I'm in a part of town where I really don't know where I'm going. Like yesterday, I was on Belmont Ave. looking for some sneakers and I couldn't decide whether to hang out there for awhile and get something to eat, or just leave. But while I'm deciding this I have to keep on moving and for some reason that's difficult, so I just end up walking in circles, up and down this street. It's weird, I think that because I grew up in a small town I'm hyper-aware of being identified as non-urban--even after living in a city for 3.5 years. What I keep on forgetting is that no one in a city gives a shit what you do, and if you walk down a street four fucking times no one notices. Only people in a small town notice that kind of stuff.

Talk to you soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Preston said...

>>Spending time with myself has its ups and downs though. ... Like yesterday, I was on Belmont Ave. looking for some sneakers and I couldn't decide whether to hang out there for awhile and get something to eat, or just leave. But while I'm deciding this I have to keep on moving and for some reason that's difficult, so I just end up walking in circles, up and down this street

Fuck, i have a moment like this almost every day! Welcome to loner-ville.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home