Sunday, October 09, 2005



Here's my "office."

I'm really tired. Last night I went out -- out of Hyde Park. It's easier to live here if you pretend that you're Holden Caulfield and that the hour-long transit ride is really the train from an upstate New York prep school to NYC. I just need a--what kind of coat did he have? Camel skin or something?

Anyway, I went to see Dungen at the Empty Bottle. I met Elise there just as people were leaving, this was around 9:30. We were like WTF? Turns out there was an early show and a late show. On top of that it was $14 to get in. Fucking capitalists. I realize you're from Finland or wherever, but seriously. Some guy, as he was leaving actually said, "This is great, I can totally get to bed early now." I'm not one to proselytize about the "state of rock music" or anything, but I think head office needs to be notified about this.

So we went to this bar called the Rainbo Room instead. Tim Kinsellas was not there (I don't think). Elise and I talked about "dealbreakers." Like when you have a crush on someone and then they totally pull a boner wardrobe move. Example: There's this girl in my classes that I thought was pretty cute, but she was wearing these ridiculous black shoes with huge, thick heels on them. DEALBREAKER! Or when a cute girl carries one of those really skinny purses that can only hold a tampon. DEALBREAKER! Hey, send me your dealbreakers and I'll post them.

After the Rainbo we went to this place called Rodan that was really modern looking but also playing some decent music. Hung out with Rachel (Jesse's friend from High School. Jesse, she had a huge crush on you at the time btw) and some of her friends. Rachel is a producer, no joke, for Jerry Springer. So Lindsey, if you ever visit like you said you would, guess where we're going? Forget Oprah. After Rodan we went to this open-late place called Estelle's. (This is all in the Ukranian village btw, millions of miles from Hyde Park.) Unfortunately, mostly everyone was pretty boring and ugly looking. Fortunately, I was wasted.

Today, I bought some clothes at this vintage store and looked around for some sneakers. Then I went to see Flightplan. This post is getting really long though, huh? I guess I'll fill you in on more later. You have to keep reading my blog though, cause when I get back I don't want to answer questions like, "So how's Chicago?" That kind of catching up would def cramp the hanging out. As my friends, it's your responsibility to keep up with me, got it? good.

Okay, I'm going to watch another episode of Lost and then go to bed.

N

3 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

Omigod that is so fucking funny. Only James...

You realize that this is the first time I've "officially" heard that you're engaged right? I think Tobin told me and I wasn't supposed to know, and then you may have told me when I was wasted. Anyway, CONGRATU-FUCKING-LATIONS! You guys are perfect! Or rather, it's perfect that James has brainwashed someone to spend the rest of his life with him. Make sure he's not putting anything in your food okay?

7:53 PM  
Blogger Scott Preston said...

Camel SKIN?!! What kind of a f***'d up coat would that make? You mean camel hair. But he didnt have his camel hair coat. It was stolen before the story started, along with his fur-lined gloves, by some crook at Pencey. Pencey was full of crooks. Y'know, it's funny... the more expensive a school is, the more crooks it has.

He was actually wearing his reversible and no gloves (his hands were freezing), and his red hunting cap that he got on the fencing trip into the city the day before. I can see you wandering around Chicago with that red cap on, though, with the flaps down when its cold. I'll get you one and send it down...

8:06 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Camel skin, camel hair, whatever, I was just trying to construct some sort of tableau to insert myself into.

And I think I was almost pickpocketed yesterday! I was standing in line for coffee (probably checking out Margaret Yang) and this guy kind of bumped into me. I did a half turn, but didn't get a look at his face. Then two seconds later he left (aka made his getaway) the line and the cafeteria . Yeah I SAW WHAT YOU DID SUKA! I SAW WHAT YOU DID!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home