Thursday, October 20, 2005



I don't really have anything to report of interest. Like do you really want to hear about school? I love my classes. I find them fascinating, and feel incredibly lucky to be able to attend the lectures of scholars that I think the best of the best.

Everyone I really love is in Toronto/Ontario. I don't mean to seem pathetic, but really it's true. It's amazing that we live in a culture that, from the poorest to the richest, seems to constantly uproot people from their homes to move them somewhere else.(I know, as if I didn't have a choice) I'm not one to celebrate "cultural heritage" or anything, and but this new "globalized identity" carries it's own set of problems too. Maybe I'm exagerrating. I've only moved from one city to another really.

The only thing really lacking is friends. I think I may have raised my standard for friendship. Or maybe I just never had a standard and now I do. No, scratch that. All of my friends are incredibly special, and moving here has just made me realize it that much more. If you want to experience the same thing, just move to an area full of underage college kids and boring, careerist grad students-- a broad stroke to be sure, but not wholly inaccurate.

That being said, being here has forced me to construct a "virtual identity" which I'm still coming to terms with. I am much more consumed with sending and receiving email messages than ever before. So if I was negligent in returning emails in the past, just watch me now.

good night.

N

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

Can you believe this blatant profiteering? It turns up in the strangest of places. Yeah, I'll let my friends in PRIVATE ROAD CONSTRUCTION know.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home