Sunday, October 16, 2005

Probably shoudln't do a drunk blog entry. Probably should have stipulated against it in some sort of contract I should have made to myself. Oh well.

Friday I went to the Mountain Goats show. I feel like I was maybe a "bad fan", or even a "bad audience member" in that I basically talked through their set, but WTF I couldn't even fucking hear them. Plus it was too crowded. Best thing: The Empty Bottle has the same Playboy pinball machine that Graeme and I spent many an evening on 3 years ago at Kaz's.

Is there really so many "goldiggin' women," Lyfe and Kanye?

Umm, so I met some real Chicago people tonight, and it was pretty awesome. Went to this place called the Skylark in Pilsen, what seems to be a rapidly gentrifying/gentrified neighbourhood a la Parkdale - except more dead. I can't stress enough how much SPACE there seems to be here. Like everywhere I go, like this bar tonight, it just had so much open space. Also, there's also a lot of empty lots all over the place. It's like some sort of midwest motif. Anyway, really good times. Like Jesse told me, it's hard meeting people and being "on" all the time -- not ungenuine (word?), just "on."

Some more sober thoughts tomorrow and maybe some pictures.

This is my itunes playlist:

Lost Souls-David Banner
New Age-Blitz
The Magnificent Bird Will Rise-Deerhoof
The Hymn for the Cigarettes-Hefner
First Few Desperate Hours -Mountain Goats
Ache -Jawbreaker
Give Me Every Little Thing -The Juan Maclean
There It Go (The Whistle Song)-Juelz Santana
Must Be Nice-Lyfe Jennings
Going to Georgia-The Mountain Goats
George McCrae - I Get Lifted
Parking Lot-Nivea
I'm With You-Ponys
Cold Blooded Old Times-Smog
Blue Sky-Allman Brothers Band
Crying-Aerosmith

Meet you in the McDonald's parking lot.

xo

N

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home