Wednesday, January 25, 2006


Just so you know, I wrote the last blog entry--the one I erased--BLIND DRUNK. There were messages of support for it to stay up, but I talked to Tobin on election day and he said everyone was laughing at it, so I'm glad I took it down. If you didn't read it, it was a mostly incoherent cry for help mixed in with some attempting-to-be Whitmanesque prosiness about walking in the same steps, same pavement as everyone else and loving everyone. That's it.

Anyway, right now I'm in a corner of the library behind stacks of microfilm fiddling around on my computer, mostly looking like a complete pervert probably.

I was talking to someone recently who said that someone, maybe T.S. Eliot, said that writing in lists is the _____ way to write (best? most poetic?) I agree, mostly because lists are easy to read and sort through and I don't really have time to read someone's idea of what good writing is. So:

- Thanks to the Chicagoans who helped me out of the CTA turnstile that I got stuck in last week.
- There was an article in the right wing student newspaper this week about how UofC students insist on wearing sandals.
- Went to see Drunken Master with Jackie Chan last week and am going to see The 36th Chamber of Shaolin tomorrow
- Got new slim jeans at the Levis store.
- Starting looking up singles charts from 1988-1994. Just because.

1 Comments:

Blogger eben said...

lists are like poems,
cause both have no extra words
but I think it's gaayyye.

Warhol's diaries
are super-boring shee-ite,
point-form is no good.

I wanted to write you a limerick,
but it's getting too hard to think of it.
sitting at home,
posting alone,
writing in point-form is shit.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home