Saturday, December 03, 2005


I did a google image search on "hip hop christmas" and this turned up on the second page.

At 11:40 tonight I was in the library and got a drunken call from Inga, my German classmate. From what I could decipher of the message, she was going to crash some party. A University of Chicago party! Apparently they were doing keg stands and everything! I got super excited as I had never been to a proper American University party. It wasn't the sorority-life-Animal House debauchery I expected though. Mostly young white dude and a smattering of their mall-chick girlfriends. I was invited to do a keg stand by a suit clad member of Sigma Delta Something (who asked me if I knew greek and then attempted to explain the eytmology of his frat's name!), but was honestly too embarassed to admit that I didn't actually even know what a keg stand was. What, you stand on your head and drink out of the keg or something? The music they were playing was awful. I love Bruce Springsteen, but playing him at 1:00 AM turns the party so aryan-stooge all of the sudden, no? I plugged my ipod in for awhile and we danced to Ciara and some Skee-lo mash-up (which some laguna beach cast-offs seemed to really love). Inga was super drunk and was being super funny by alternately grinding with dudes, falling down, and spilling beer all over the place. She garnered some glares from the cock heavy crowd that was alternately disapproving and weighing its options.

I'm like ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home