Monday, November 28, 2005


Elise captured this douche taking advantage of the warm weather to give his flip flops one more trip around the block. Worse, UofC students were doing the same thing! What's up Chicago? Francey, please confirm that New Yorkers do not have the same, near pathological obsession with sandals. It's no wonder they call this the "second city."

My plan to record random thoughts didn't work out so well (i.e. I forgot that plan). Here's what I have for today:

2:07 AM - Forbidden word list 2006: "uber-" as a prefix
7:30 PM - Trying to figure out what to do. 7:30 pm Nov 28. Go get cigarettes. Drink tea. Read Kracauer.

I did get cigarettes. I was within my budget to get them and it was good that I did, because I managed to snag the elusive 2 for 1 camel lights. My new budget is $20/day. I don't think it should be that difficult, should it? Here's my spending journal for today:

Coffee at Third World Cafe - 1.60
Laundry - 4.00
Coffee at school - 0.75
Grapefruit Soda - 0.85
Copying - 6.00 (ouch)
Cigarettes - 6.46

Total - 19.66

Not bad, but this doesn't count the money spent on the groceries I consumed today though (roughly 6 dollars worth) We'll see how this works out.

Here's a picture of me giving thanks on Friday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Preston said...

i can't quite put my finger on what's disturbing about that photo. i think you kind of look like an institutionalized distant cousin whose been let out on a holiday pass and the camera has caught you staring "inappropriately" at the turkey. Remember, looking at turkey is like looking at the sun, you don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home