Thursday, November 17, 2005

For fuck's sake I just got fucking robbed.

I went to see Ang Lee's new gay cowboy movie "Brokeback Mountain" and when I got home the overhead light was on and the window was wide open. I looked around, but everything of value seemed to be in place. The printer and stereo were pretty much the only valuable things there, aside from extra (emergency) cash I keep hidden here and there. Turns out, they only stole my winter jacket. OH MY FUCK. I just feel so fucking defeated right now. I'm very much resigned to the fact that my life and belongings are vulnerable to violation and destruction at any time. I accept this in theory . . .

So it's been about an hour post-theft (or post-realization to theft) and here's what I have to say:

a) I will miss my coat. It was an amazing color and fit and it had a great collar that made me look tough. Plus it went nicely with my scarf.

b) Someone broke into my room and took the time to find the lightswitch and turn it on. They left everything with any resale value whatsover and took the most useful thing to them, a coat that I paid $15 for at the Niagara Falls Value Village. Here I am, whiteboy from Canada hoarding not two, but three winter coats. In a just economy, I deserve this. However, if I see a dude wearing my coat I am going to offer him my older, but much warmer other coat and ten dollars. I tell you what.

N

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott Preston said...

shit, that sucks. i'll take you to value village when you get back in town and we'll get a new and better one, ok?

i know you are prolly feeling down on chicago because of this but keep in mind that you were only robbed and not hacked into pieces and left in the alleyway behind Dollarworld. thats what they do your old neighbourhood.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

I didn't block you. I don't know who deleted that comment, was it yours?

You're in for it when I get home though, kid.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home